Monday, March 12, 2012

I ain't no Betty Crocker!!!

Well, I think I won the award for the ugliest cake ever made, as I am sure you will agree once you see it.  Shawn turned 36 today.... so I thought the kids and I would do something special for him, and make a simple birthday cake.  A lot of thought went into this.. but then I settled for butter pecan cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles on top for decoration. 
So evidently I didn't read the directions on the cake box, as I should've waited 10 minutes to let the cake cool before attempting to take it out of the pan.  So, 9 inch round cake #1 turned into a bunch of cake crumbs that I attempted to reshape.  Then for 9 inch round cake #2, I evidently forgot about it and didn't hear the timer go off on the oven... so that sat for quite a bit longer than it should've.  That resulted in a much smaller, and harder cake... I did however, follow directions, and let that sit for the appropriate amount of time.
The big day arrived this morning when it was time to frost it... and that didn't go so well...it took the entire container of frosting to get it to stick together.... then I forgot to add the sprinkles until after it was half eaten.  Good times!!!  Sorry about the cake honey!!!
 yeah.. that is 2 cakes stacked on top of one another
 thought I would spice it up a bit with some decoration...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment